KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
Rancho San Antonio Boys Home
Rancho San Antonio was founded in 1933 by the Catholic Big Brothers. Rancho started out as a rented home in Redondo Beach to care for 18 boys. In June of 1938, Rancho San Antonio found its permanent home in Chatsworth, CA. In the 75 years since then, thousands of young men have turned to Rancho San Antonio for help and guidance. Since the 1950’s, the Knights of Columbus have provided most of the fundraising for Rancho San Antonio. Within the first three years, they raised enough money to build the chapel, indoor swimming pool, and first four dormitories on the grounds.
The Rancho campus sits on 19 acres, and with the continued support of the Knights of Columbus, today there are: eleven living units, dining hall, gymnasium, infirmary, recreation complex, football and baseball field, group home, career resource center, and administration building which currently provides service to 106 boys and their families.
The McIntyre Assembly also awards a $500 scholarship annually to a deserving student.
To learn more, visit www.ranchosanantonio.org